A former Texas Tech student is discovered dead in the ventilation system leading into a restaurant in Austin. How and why she wound up there is a mystery. 26-year-old Jamie Minor had been missing since May 23rd. Her body was found Monday in a duct leading into Perry’s Steakhouse. Police Cmdr. Julie O’Brien called it an incredibly tragic accidental death. Toxicology tests were ordered to help determine the exact cause of death but police do not think foul play was involved. Minor had showed up for work May 23 as a hostess at the Trace restaurant at the W Austin Hotel. But her co-workers and supervisors became concerned because she was acting “erratically” and arranged for someone to pick her up at 10 p.m. The Austin American Statesman reports that no one saw the woman after that but surveillance camera footage showed her trying to get into Perry’s steakhouse where she was once employed.
Former Tech Student Dies Mysterious Death In Ventilation System Of Austin Restaurant