A South Lubbock County Resident found a toxic substance in his family’s well water.
Dr.Jason Terrill found high levels of arsenic in his well water near south Indiana and CR 7530.
He first began to suspect something dangerous was in the water when the family dog went blind.
After having the well water tested, the water was found to be unsafe.
A hair-sample test from Terrill found 3 times the amount of arsenic supposed to be in his body.
He says his family’s drinking water is filtered however their sink and bath water is not.
Low levels of arsenic in water is permissible, however high levels can cause severe cardiovascular diseases and blindness.